Saturday, February 14, 2009

Weekend Wonders

Hi all! Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you find some time to be good to yourself today!

I just wanted to weigh in with a few updates for the weekend. Things are going well for me at Work from Home HQ. I have been doing it steadily every day while I have my morning coffee, and with the exception of one ad that got ghosted, I have been paid 0.15 per ad. Not counting today's submissions, I have $2.25 in my account. I will request payment as soon as I hit $20, it should take about a month, and I plan to pump that money straight into my NeoBux referral rentals.

Each day, I learn something new at NeoBux, either through good old fashioned personal experience or through the forums or chat. The first thing I learned is the importance of clicking each and every day. Now that I have referrals, I found that unless you click 4 ads on any given day, you won't earn unlimited clicks from the referrals on the following day. This won't be a problem for me until next Saturday, when I will be out of town for a day. Hopefully I won't lose too much. Really, this is a hobby and I don't want to be too much of a slave to it!

Many people complain that there are only 4 ads for standard members to click. I have found that I can get a few extra clicks by logging in whenever I have a spare minue, during my lunch hour at my day job, for example. I have had as many as 7 clicks in one day. Those 3 extra clicks have the potential to add up, so I would say if you have a few extra seconds, check your account! Yesterday, I was in the chat and heard people talking about "extra" ads. I don't know if this had to do with it being on Friday, but I took advantage of them!

As you know, I rented 20 referrals, which was a $5 investment on my part. As of yesterday, I had 6 referrals that hadn't clicked at all, so I recycled them at a price of 8 cents each, so that was 48 cents more as an investment. Then, I decided to enable autopay, which was a mistake on my part, since I don't fully understand it. What I do understand at this point is that autopay extends the referral at a discounted price (10% off), and that they charge you every day that the referral clicks. So, by the time I had gotten home from work, I was actually down about 10 cents, but it isn't lost money, I just extended the referrals who had clicked. I think that for now, I prefer to manually extend my referalls, since I don't have much of a cushion to fall back on. Maybe I will try to enable it next month.

This SNAFU aside, I have a financial goal to have made at least $5.48 (to cover my initial investment for the referrals) plus at least 0.01 cent for each of the clicks that I have made for myself, then I will feel successful just to have broken even. I am learning that this takes a lot of time and patience, but I really feel that it will be worth it in the long run! Looking at the totals of veteran users' forum posts assures me of that. I have 2 referrals that aren't clicking right now, but I am not going to recycle them. I am going to leave it as is to see how this pans out for the month. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew!

As of right now, I have only earned 5 cents from my involvement at MyLot , but really, I have gained much more. I have several friends on my list and have been introduced to many programs and ideas that I don't think I would have found otherwise. So, for that reason, it's a keeper.

I have decided that it is better to work on a few good programs than to overextend myself working on a bunch of them. So, I would like to begin to search for more ways to get traffic and signups from my links. I am already on Twitter. Any more ideas?

Best wishes to you all! Keep clicking!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, On your endeavors! I'll be sure to visit often to see how your clicking adventures are coming along. my own were not so successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Don't give up! I am convinced that this can work with a little time and patience. I hope to see you back here!

    ReplyDelete